How solar panels work
- Solar panels harness renewable energy directly from the sun.
- Photons from sunlight knock electrons free from atoms in the photovoltaic cells that make up the panel.
- The cells are primarily made of silicon, which can conduct electricity and also act as an insulator.
- When photons hit the cell walls, they transfer energy to loose electrons, which creates an electric current.
- The solar cell collects and funnels the electrons into one channel.
- This process creates an electrical imbalance within the cell that utilizes the organizational properties of silicon.
- Solar panels are silent, invisible, and do not release any emissions into the air.
How a solar system works | Solar Panels, Inverters, batteries and others
- A solar system typically consists of several key components, including solar panels, lithium-ion batteries, inverters, and other important components that work together to produce, store, and distribute electricity.
- Solar panels are the primary component of a solar system that converts sunlight into DC (direct current) electricity. The number and type of solar panels used in a solar system depend on factors such as the size of the system, energy demand, and available sunlight.
- Inverters are necessary components that convert DC electricity generated by the solar panels into AC (alternating current) electricity that can be used to power household appliances and other electrical devices. They also regulate the voltage and frequency of the electricity to ensure it is compatible with the electrical grid.
- Lithium-ion batteries are essential components in solar systems that enable energy storage, allowing for power to be used when there is no sunlight or during periods of peak demand. The batteries store excess electricity generated by the solar panels and release it when needed, providing a consistent supply of electricity even when there is no sunlight.
- Other important components in a solar system include charge controllers, which regulate the amount of electricity that flows from the solar panels to the batteries, and monitoring systems, which track the performance of the system and provide real-time data on energy production and consumption.
- Overall, a solar system is a complex but interconnected network of components that work together to provide clean, renewable energy to power homes, businesses, and communities.
Cool Solar Africa
We have a large warehouse based in Harare Zimbabwe and hold on-hand a comprehensive range of components required to supply solar companies with equipment they need.
Subscribe For Offers
WhatsApp: +263 778 200 404
Inno : +263 774 107 641
Tino. : +263 774 105 592
Bay 2, Number 69 Steven Drive, Msasa, Harare